vendredi 28 février 2014

You need to re-initialize rain sensor if you replace windshield...

I just had my windshield replace last month with a cheap chinese aftermarket windshield. I see no discernible differences between this one and the OEM one other than the OEM one cost 5 times as much.



But, one thing I noticed was the rain sensor was no longer operating correctly. It would not respond as fast or it would take its time to swipe even under moderate rain. There would be pauses and such and it would never go into the fastest speed.



However, rest assured, you need to bust out the BavTech tool and go to the rain sensor and hit reinitialize. I don't know what it does but after I did that, the wipers are swiping properly and can go into the super fast mode. My guess is that the sensor needs to be calibrated to the new windshield.



Just FYI.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire