dimanche 30 mars 2014

6 speed MT shifting advice?

All



I am back to an M3 with 6 speed MT. It's been a while since I have driven stick. I'm definitely out of practice. I'm still trying to find the sweet spot shift points for each gear.



Question for you MT owners as I would appreciate your advice.



When engaging clutch in 1st, do you gas a little or a lot? I generally gas a lot getting RPMs up as I engage the clutch. I feel like I'm going to wear out the clutch pad. So I try a softer approach but the car feels a little choked as if it will stall but then recovers as I gas it. What do you find is best for this power thirsty car?



Also, going to 2nd is touchy. Sometimes I nail it and it's smooth but most of the time it feels like I'm either riding the clutch to smooth it in to gear or it thumps in.



Thanks!



Ps. This is a 2013 M3 conv. Would have rather gotten the coupe but the deal I got on this was too good to pass. I don't need the .5 sec acceleration difference that badly.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire