dimanche 29 juin 2014

Love my wife (and my M3)

So, last night my wife and I were fortunate to have a rare night out. We went to a concert at Ravinia - an outdoor venue north of Chicago - and saw Darius Rucker. Great show. Driving home there was a car eager to engage. You know the type - weaving around other cars, etc. I saw him well before my wife did, but then she noticed him after a light or two. What happened next will carry me for a while:



Wife - "Is he trying to race you??"

Me - "Uh Huh."

Wife (after a second look at him and then back at me) - "Smoke him."

Me - "Really? - okay."



Being a 364 1/2 day a year responsible father of five who keeps his hard driving to the track, autox course and occasional empty onramp or country road, is sure was a gratifying quarter mile or so. Even more satisfying? - Knowing I married the right girl.



Happy Sunday everyone.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire