lundi 23 juin 2014

M4 Convertible/torsional rigidity/good M car?

Hey,



Deciding between an M4 coupe and M4 convertible. Cancelled my order a couple months back for the M4 because I wasn't able to make up my mind.



I haven't found too many reviews going over the torsional rigidity of the F33 4 series compared to the E93 and how much better it is for cornering, but I see BMW states it's up 40%. I'm wondering whether it will be vastly improved in the twisties compared to the E93. Anyone buy a 428/435 convertible that owned the previous generation? Is it noticeably better or a wash?



I currently have an E93 M3 and an '11 GT3 RS. I just got rid of my E92 M3. I get the pure race car experience from the RS and it's not absolutely necessary to have a coupe but I do find the convertible lacking in the twisties and it does take away from the fun. Even during very hard braking its nowhere near as stable as the coupe which feels more agile. If it feels the same I would be hesitant to purchase another convertible again.



In short, I see the vert has lost ~100lbs with the manual transmission and is up 40% in rigidity, I'm hoping it will feel almost like the E92 coupe again (about 350lbs lighter --4050lbs vs 3700lbs).



Thanks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire