vendredi 21 novembre 2014

E92 - Car vibrates periodically, sloppy feeling rear end

So recently when I have been driving to work my car will start vibrating heavily for about 1-2 minutes every journey. This seems to happen after around 30 minutes of driving. I have attached two videos of it happening, and if you listen carefully you'll hear the bassy thud rather than the phone vibrating against the dashboard. The vibration kind of feels like driving over a rumble strip. The frequency seems to be about that of the wheel rotation around 10-15Hz. I drop the clutch and go to neutral in the video so that rules out most of the drive train, bar the diff.



Does anyone have any idea what this is could be? I am thinking it could be tyre related, maybe as they go through heat phase. I know my front right is slightly out of round, and initially thought this was coming from there, but having happened a few more times it feels like the rear.



So potentially related, the car handles like a shopping trolley lately. The alignment was out quite a bit and I had that done and that stopped it driving to drive in every direction but straight, but the handling at medium speeds still feels wrong and the car feels like it is yawing quite a bit even on the straights. Sometimes like the back end is just wobbling around. That said, throw it into a corner at speed and the car doesn't feel like it lacks grip, although it doesn't feel as planted as it used to, it feels like its rolling more rather than gripping the inside of the turn as it used to.



Having seen my previous run-flats after they have been removed from the car and the sidewall has been peeling away from the tyre I am slightly worried this is a tyre issue. That said numerous people have said it may be the bushes are worn. BMW have checked over the suspension and it just passed MOT so they say that is fine. I know how thorough they are....not though and if your shocks aren't leaking and nothing is rusty that is probably their definition of all good.



If the bushes are worn, could they cause the vibration in the video? What are the potential parts that could be causing the poor handling?



Any help appreciated. I hope I will be able to pop up to Steve at some point and maybe he can take a look.







Links









Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire