samedi 30 avril 2016

Identify the noise.....

....that you can't hear and only have my description.

My car has developed a steady "brrr" noise that increases as the speed increases and diminishes as the car comes to a stop. I got new summer tires yesterday. Yay! I had my winter tires on and I had been hoping the "brrr" was coming from them. I thought maybe they had some cupping. No such "luck".

So, the noise is coming from a wheel area or I'm afraid possibly the differential. It sounds like its coming from the right side of the car, but I can't tell for sure; however, that is the side I've thought it was coming from since it developed.

My thoughts are a wheel bearing or, my fear, possibly the differential. Any ideas or thoughts? Mainly I'm wondering if a differential issue would emanate a "brrr" type sound. Am I correct that a wheel bearing could make such a sound? I've had a bad wheel bearing once in the past on another car and to the best of my recollection this is what it sounded like. Am I remembering correctly that a wheel bearing and cupping tires make a similar sound?

Could it be the guibo? I'm right at 99k miles. Edit: I just listened to some guibo noises on YouTube and it doesn't sound anything like that.

I know we all hate these kinds of identify the sound threads. Thanks for you thoughts.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Identify the noise.....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire