dimanche 20 juillet 2014

F80 M3 Launch Control.....it works!

For all those if you have not got their cars yet or who are still on break in period....my old E90 M3 launch control was a fairly long process to engage and on the 6 or 7 times I used it ( yes I did it correctly!) it always resulted in a snakey slide down the road going nowhere very fast. I tried it on different surfaces but never adjusted the rpm via the cruise control due to the difficulties with my car being right hand drive ( cruise stalk on left where my left hand was already holding the shifter forward)



Anyway, tonight I tried LC on the F80 for the first time. Very simple and quick to engage- DSC fully off, S3 on DCT,left foot on brake, floor the throttle.



The flag appears and release the the brake....I was waiting for the smokey slide but it didn't come. The tyres chirped slightly and the car gripped and launched forward like a scalded ape:party0030: the car accelerates and changes gear by itself until you intervene.



Was not expecting it to be this good after my E90 experience and reading about the traction issues some are experiencing. There was good grip off the line, very good. I tried it again and achieved the same result, great launch good traction.



I then tried giving it 3/4 throttle in first from a standstill with no LC activated just DSC off- inevitable poor grip and sliding ensued.



Well done BMW, quick to set up and it works!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire