vendredi 18 juillet 2014

e9x M3 - what to look(out?) for in a used model

I'm considering purchasing a M3, likely an e90 with 6MT, but I'd like to know if there are any particular issues I should be watching out for in these cars that are specific to M3s.



I've owned a '09 CTS-V sedan and currently own a '12 S4 sedan, both 6MT, so a e90 M3 wouldn't be my first "sports" sedan. However, after test driving one last night, I think I want to move on a used one quickly - it just has a different feel than the '12 S4. Since there are a couple M3 sedans spec'd out pretty close to my tastes available right now, I'm hoping that forum members can help me get educated on these cars more quickly. In general I'm not looking at CPO models.



I will be using this car as a DD mostly, so do you think holding out for a car equipped with EDC is worth it?



Also, do any of you that may have opted not to get leather seats regret going with the cloth/leatherette combo? Have you found the manually adjustable front seats to be a pain or wished you had power adjustable seats?



If you had a choice between two similarly spec'd cars and could save $4k - $5k because one car has 15k more miles (but still not over 50k miles), do you think that is worth it?



Also, are there any particular differences between a '09 and a '11 e90 M3 that would lead you to pick one over the other (all options and mileage under 50k for both)?



Any other thoughts of course appreciated.



CDV




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire