jeudi 23 octobre 2014

My 4/50 warranty is expiring in 3 weeks. . .

So, like the caption says, my bumper-to-bumper and maintenance warranties are expiring in 3 weeks. My 335xi will then be 4 years old and have about 45,000 miles. My car is CPO so it would be covered by that limited warranty for 2 more years, but I did not purchase the maintenance warranty extension.



IIRC, I have read people having the dealer do an inspection prior to warranty expiration to see if there are anything that could be fixed or done while in warranty. Do you normally have to pay for this inspection, or is this included as a part of the alleged multi-point inspection they do with every oil service (I expect to do a non-warranty-paid oil and filter change before expiration)?



With the revisions effective 1/2014, CPO warranty appears to cover more things, including the Navi and entertainment system, but I don't want to be caught up in the exclusions.



My dealer changed the brake fluid early without my prompting, and at this point the maintenance computer shows that no other maintenance items are due any time soon. Actually, I will ask for the wipers to be changed out.



I would love to hear your experiences in this regard. Thank you.



Mick




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire