mardi 28 octobre 2014

Voltphreaks Lithium Battery

Hey guys, I just got the VPH-750 in the other day. They are made to order so it took about 8-10 days to receive it from the day I ordered it.



I've used other "light weight" batteries in the past such as a braille or equivalent and always ended up hating them. They either died prematurely or didn't have enough juice to start cars in cold weather or harder to start e85 fueled vehicles.



I did some research on lithium batteries and I decided to go with the lightest model they made for the ultimate weight savings and just to see if it could handle the task of powering a modern, accessory laden e92 m3. I think most guys would use the VPH-900 for the e92 m3.



It's super light, and very well built. 5lbs vs. OEM 60lbs.



It feels sturdy in your hand and is astonishingly light when you go to pick it up. Build quality is also very high. No rattles or odd noises. The battery posts are nice and sturdy. I opted not to get the remote harness because if the low voltage cut off is every tripped, you can always open your trunk via key to access the battery.



The battery has an internal low voltage cut-off built into it. If voltage goes below a pre-set amount the battery turns "off". You hit the button on top and the battery comes back to life so you can start your car. Essentially, you'll never be left with a dead battery! ;) I plan on leaving my car on a battery maintainer when I don't drive it for weeks at a time. That doesn't bother me.



Surprisingly, each time the engine turned over up nice and strong. I was a bit skeptical, as were my friends, but start ups felt crisper than even the full sized battery. To test it, we stuck the battery in a Corvette ZR1. It started it up back to back with zero issues!



I made a custom mount for it and used a couple self tapping screws to hold it down. I painted it black afterwards for a stealthy look.



I'm rather glad to have bought this from Tony @ Voltphreaks. You can also purchase these on ebay with a pre-made bracket. 55 lbs saved! I just need a rear seat delete and two racing seats and thats a healthy 170+ lbs taken out.



I'll put this battery to the test and will be updating the thread after a few weeks!:cool!:











































Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire