lundi 20 octobre 2014

Kief's Winter Conundrum Solved...

For the last several weeks, I have been painstakingly inquiring (thanks again Omar, Bill, Mitch) about a separate winter setup for our new X5. The issue was I only needed a "winter setup" for the next 2 winters, as I figured my 20" Dunlops would be shot within 2yrs, 12k miles like they were for my E70 and I would then purchase a set of Conti DWS for all year round. When I had my E70, I got a killer deal on some OE 18" take offs (although I couldn't stand having those tiny 18" on any longer than necessary) from a guy CA for <$1K. They were perfectly surefooted for my "winter" needs for 2 seasons, and I was able to resell them for what I paid 2 yrs later!! I have the luxury of staying at home if the weather is too severe.



This go around, I kept looking for a great looking 20" winter setup for $2500 bucks or less, but deep down I really didn't want to spend that kind of coin. Long story short, I figured, why not sell my Dunlops now as a set of "take offs" (less than 500 miles on them) and use the $$$ to offset the Conti DWS purchase--win-win for me. For the price of two sets of Contis, I'll still be saving some $500 bucks by not purchasing a separate winter set. True, I could have survived on a cheap 18" setup, but aesthetically I would have hated it.



Question for you guys...Should I get an alignment when I have the Contis installed despite the X5 being so new. Only reason I ask is b/c the E70 factory setting was so out of wack for many of us with the 20" wheels.

Are other F15 owners finding their alignments are out of spec from the factory?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire