vendredi 18 avril 2014

Misfire?

So the car was running smoothly on the way to work this morning and then after pulling off the highway, I slowed down at the end of the exit, the light was green and I gave her about 50% throttle and then suddenly the check engine light came on and the engine began to shudder, and I lost some power. I limped to work and popped the hood and everything looked and smelled normal.



My guess is that this is an issue with the vanos, and ignition coil, or spark plugs, or some combination thereof. I don't have an ODB reader to scan for codes and such, so I can't really confirm that.



First, any thoughts on what this could be?



Second, I haven't had this happen to any of my cars before, so should I limit my driving until I can get it to the shop? The earliest possible spot they have open is Monday morning. I can leave it in our parking garage until then with no issues.



Thanks for any thoughts/advice!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire