mercredi 21 mai 2014

Career Advice

**I know this is only an online forum, but I know I can gain some great insight from very successful individuals here.**



I will keep this brief. I am 23 years old, no kids, girl, and don’t have any outstanding debt. I was offered a position in North Dakota for my company specializing in Oil Fields last September, and I took it. My annual income has more than doubled from where I was. I have saved a decent amount of cash, and gained some valuable experience. However, if you guys are familiar with North Dakota, there is practically nothing here. All I do is work, and don’t have time for anything else. There is hardly a social life, winters are long and cold, I am even limited to being able to visit back home. I am from California, born and raised, so it is a huge culture shock since I am used to that ‘Cali Life.’ Anyway, I now have an opportunity to take a job back home, but my compensation will be cut in half.



I’m a Project Analyst, so I do not work outside. I do work 72 hours a week currently with a 1.5 hour commute each way, and will only work 40 hours in California with the luxury of Fridays-Sunday off, and plus it is California. Should I do it? Or better, what would you do in my position? Making well over 6 figures at the age of 23 is not bad at all, but I don’t know if I should become a slave to money.



Some advice would definitely be appreciated, since I am confused as hell.



Thanks :thumbsup:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire