samedi 20 septembre 2014

Just installed a JB4...fun!

Instead of getting it installed by my shop, I decided to try and install the JB4 myself since I had a few hours free today and wanted to see how far I could get. Well the installation took about 3 hours, but it went flawlessly and started up without hesitation or lights or anything. It was amazing!



I've only road tested it once while driving to get gas and back, so my experience is low, but I was using Map 1 because until I get the rest of my mods installed, it's an otherwise stock car. So far, the tune feels a lot different. As far as I can tell, the 1.5k power peak is gone. Which is probably better on the whole for the car since the power band is wider now, but... that 1.5k power peak always brought a smile to my face when the power kicked in, and I'll miss it if it's really gone, hopefully it's not. I know the stock map is easy enough to click in with the steering wheel controls.



Aside from that, the power increase in RPMs above 4k is definitely noticeable. With the stock tune, the kick at 1.5k-3k was nothing to joke about, but above 4k the engine lost noticeable power with every rev. The JB4 tune is completely different, and feels more flat at first glance, maintaining a relatively even pull all the way up to or very close to redline RPM, making for an overall more balanced driving experience.



With the trans in Sport mode and the stability control turned off, I was absolutely burying other drivers from a red light on a 4 lane highway and I wasn't even racing... the RPMs never got above 2.5k per gear and my foot was barely on the gas, but the car just really wants to move now. I guess you "feel" the stock tune more, but for some reason even though you don't feel it as much, the JB4 tune moves faster.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire