mercredi 28 janvier 2015

Newbie Alert - Need.More.Power (Engine mods advice needed)

Hey all! Sorry for in advance for the long post :bulge:



I have had my BMW a while now and the power bug has bitten again...it needs more. I came from a 420bhp+ Evo so used to decent bhp.



I have been doing some reading and it seems the most sensible route is map/decat pipes/intercooler to achieve around 400bhp without going silly. I am not number chasing, but want good useable power.



I currently have a 2007 E92 Coupe 335i M Sport with 60,000 miles and an auto gearbox (biggest mistake) which hasnt had any engine mods. Which I guess is the N54 engine?



I have a few questions....

  1. Can the drivetrain handle it?

  2. Any UK garage recommendations for doing the work, epseically the tune. Ideally near Birmingham/Warwickshire

  3. Can the turbo's take the extra power without going bang in 5k miles?

  4. Who does the best map (Cobb v JB4)

  5. Does the decat make the exhaust note lower....with more grunt, and which is best?




Anything else I have missed/watch out for/dont do. I want the front to sit a little lower but guess thats just a spring change on the M Sports :dance:



I would love it to sound like this [u2b]http://ift.tt/1tpANks] :bow:



Oh and if anyone has a BMW Performance Exhaust for sale, can I have it please haha!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire