mercredi 28 janvier 2015

Bricked ECU?

Hey guys. I've run into quite a dilemma tonight. I was trying to change the map on my e90 335i using my Cobb AP. The flash went through fine, but when I went to turn the car on, it wouldn't start. I thought that the flash was installed incorrectly, so I attempted to uninstall Cobb on my car, and the flash failed. At this point, my car's battery ran out of juice.



I was able to jump start the car using a friend's car, and ran recovery mode. Recovery mode flashed the ECU no problem, but I had the same problem with the car not starting. I tried connecting the Cobb AP to the car, and see if I could switch maps or uninstall it again and the Cobb threw an error saying that it could not recognize the vehicle. Is my car's ECU bricked?



Now my car's battery is completely dead, and jump starting it doesn't do it any good. Is there anything that I can do? Should I have the car towed to my local BMW dealership and have them replace the battery and reflash the ECU? Any idea how much this would cost me (in Los Angeles)? I would bring the car to an indy shop and have them replace the battery, but that still doesn't solve the problem of my potentially bricked ECU. What should I do at this point?



Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire