jeudi 26 février 2015

Leaving scene of accident but no ticket?

I have a question for you guys.



Recently my gf hit a parked semi construction with her car and caused damage to her mirror and it fell off. The truck driver agreed that his truck was not damaged and no point to do anything. She called me and I went over there and driver was nice and we all went our separate ways. No info exchanged.



A day later same parking lot she came back and there was a boot on her car and she had to report to some office.



Anyway the police were called and the truck driver is now saying he tried to get her to stop but she kept driving. He said he needs a accident report for his company otherwise he can lose his job even though they are NOT going to FILE a claim since there is no damage. So she called me to the scene and I am very confused.



The police officer was a really hostile towards my gf. He said there are cameras everywhere don't lie to me or I will have you arrested for lying to police. She said she hit the truck he goes let me write this report out.



He comes back says I wrote in the accident report that you "left the scene of a accident" , and says he took a pic of her mirror and will report to DMV in Albany (with the pics he took) because you did not exchange information and left. But I am NOT giving you a ticket for this. Then he said you must report this to your insurance company and your rates are about to skyrocket. Then he took her PBA cards and said you don't deserve them and then he complained about people having nice cars and not knowing how to drive.



So I called a few lawyers and police and everyone is confused. What is your guys input in this?



She got NO leaving the scene of accident ticket. Apparently the officer just wrote that in the report, he is also filing this to the DMV in Albany. He also told her to report it to insurance company. The construction truck had no damage and they are not filing a claim.



Should we be worried? Will this go on the Carfax record, its a leased car... I already bought the mirror painted and it will be here tomorrow.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire