samedi 23 août 2014

How to put car on 4 jacks?

Ok, I plan to change my trans fluid and I need to put the car up on 4 jacks in my garage. Today, I tried a mock attempt to jack the car

I have 4 of the red, 3 ton ratcheting Autocraft brand jacks that I bought at Advanced Auto. These have a slightly curved contact face. I jacked the car from the central front jacking point to get both front tires off the ground. Then I put one jack at the plastic jacking point. It held, but it crushed in the sides of the plastic jacking point. Is this normal?

I know that there's an adaptor plate that fits into the rectangular hole of the plastic jacking point, but the disc shaped bottom of the adaptor does not sit flush with the jack's contact surface.

How are you guys getting good contact at the jacking points?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire