mercredi 27 août 2014

Tire wear question

Hi,



I am experiencing some uneven tire wear. I got an alignment done at the dealer about a year and a half ago. I am now doubtful that it was done correctly. Here's what is going on



1) When the steering wheel is centered, the car drifts to the left.

2) To get the car to go straight, I have to turn the wheel slightly to the right. The steering wheel seems "loaded" in this case, almost like I can feel the front left tire dragging.

3) The front and rear passenger side tires are wearing evenly.

4) The rear driver side tire is wearing slightly unevenly.

5) The front driver side tire is wearing VERY unevenly on the inside and outside



I've been rotating the tires every 6000 miles and have been checking the tire pressures regularly. When I first mentioned this to the dealer, they gave me a BS explanation about road crowns. The second time I mentioned this to them, they gave another BS story about how the specific tires I have wear this way. Given the wear pattern I am seeing, this all seems like big BS. If the wear was due to the road crowns or the tires, I would see it consistently on all tires. Does anyone have any ideas what may be going on here? Perhaps they didn't do the alignment correctly? I am considering going back to the dealer because the front left tire wore much more than the others.



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire