jeudi 19 février 2015

2010 335d CEL, BMW saying DEF/SCR related parts not covered by CA emission warranty

My 2010 with 51000 miles has had CEL on intermittently now for the past 2 months. Car is now a the dealer claiming the following part numbers are broken and are not covered under BMW CA emissions warranty:

16197204753

16197227394



I looked up the parts and they seem to be related to the SCR pump unit. Since when is BMW denying SCR pump units under CA emission warranty?

Dealer wants $2200 for the fix. Telling me the truth?

I called BMW NA customer relations and they've basically said only the dealer can deal with BMW warranty dept to get this covered.



Does anyone else have any further recourse on this? Of course, if I decide to give up and take my car home and then take it to another dealer, I'll be on the hook for $150 in diagnostic fees. If I do find a friendlier dealer who gets BMW to cover the said broken parts, will I be reimbursed?



Very frustrated, should've gotten a 335i!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire