samedi 14 mai 2016

Do I have a few screw loose? My buddy think so.. :(

Do I have a few screw loose? My buddy think so.. :(

I feel like only other people who have a N54 can understand me. So I would like your input. I got into it with a close friend of mine this morning. You know how you have those friends that just love to hate on you. I was telling him how I had blew my motor by throwing a rod. I then proceeded to tell him my desire to build my car.

The game plan is to put a low milage motor in my car, since my oem turbos had 89k miles I felt this was a good thing to just upgrade them to the Hexon RR700s. Since I now I have bigger turbos going in I need fuel. So I was opting to go with FUEL-IT stage 3 and PI. I want to run e85 100% most of the time. My previous tune was on an Open Flash tablet. So I'm chucking that out the window and going to MHD. I want the ethanol sensor so I was going to install a JB4 G5 with Bluetooth and 3.5 bar N20 sensor. I also bought Hexon 2.5 inch inlets and going to pick up the MMP outlets. I also am installing a 7" VRSF intercooler and throwing out the eBay intercooler I had. Total cost of the build, motor, and labor is just shy of 20k. I want to keep it at around 500-550whp. I figure that if the car is over built it won't be stressed.

So I'm passionately telling him about all this and he is just silent. So I ask him what's wrong. He just like, "your waiting your money." My rebuttal was that for under 20k what car am I going to pick up that will give me the luxury and speed this car will? He said I'm going to blow my motor again. I told him to do his homework. The N54 has proven to hold more then 700whp. What happened to my car I feel like was a fluke. So he started resorting to name calling, (calling me an idiot) and told me that I have a few screws loose. He goes on to tell me how he had been to the drag strip and 1/2 mile events and none of the n54 ever run right. He started to bash this platform saying that only a handful of cars ever broke into the 10s. He then said all the 1/2 mile cars never seem to make it without check engine lights. He used to have a 335i so he knows a bit about the car. However, he is a bit pissy because his car was always having problems. He now has a new Lexus RC-F and told me that he will toast my car even after all the mods. I told him bring it on.

I am upset but is anything he is saying true? Am I just throwing my money away?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Do I have a few screw loose? My buddy think so.. :(

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire