samedi 14 mai 2016

Took my car to the shop...

Took my car to the shop...

So, I took my car to the shop for having cold start issues and I'm getting codes P0365 - camshaft position sensor B circuit (bank 1) & P054B - cold start exhaust (b) camshaft position timing over-retarded (bank 1).

After troubleshooting, they are saying that they want to replace both vanos solenoids (they are said I only need to do the exhaust, but its recommended to do both), timing cover gasket, valve cover gasket. They later told me that I needed to replace the impulse sending wheels, which I heard rarely go bad.

I found instructions on youtube on how to replace both vanos solenoids and it looks extremely easy so I'm considering doing it myself, but at no point did I see any steps on replacing either of those gaskets or impulse sending wheels so I'm just wondering what you guys think of this. I'm 100% confident that I could exchange the solenoids myself, but should I go the safe route and let them do all of the work?

2011 BMW 328i E90
47.5k miles

thank you for your time!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Took my car to the shop...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire