mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Feeler: Custom Twin Oil Cooler

Background: I have an early build 335i with no oil cooler and during the summer or any hot day I've notice how high my temps go. So I figured it's time to get the oem oil cooler setup. Spending a couple hours sourcing parts, I realized going twin aftermarket was cheaper and more reliable.

I really don't want to fork out over $1300 for an ER Competition oil cooler yet alone the $700 for their basic setup, so I've started sourcing my own parts. With the build I'll be using oem filter housing and thermostat.

I've found pretty much everything they are offering except for a mounting bracket and shield. So far under $250 spent on parts ;)

I'll be fabricating my own mounts soon and fitting everything on my car.

I currently have a broken arm right now so this build will be slow. Not sure if anyone has done this yet as I'm too lazy to search.

Once everything is finalized I'll provide a list of parts and where to get them. I'll also provide blueprints for the mount or sell them.

Please don't bash my thoughts only kind words or GTFO.


Feeler: Custom Twin Oil Cooler

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire