mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Huge Custom Oil Cooler

In my quest to solve the dreaded limp mode which I've encountered on multiple tracks I finally decided to build my own Oil Cooler. It's sorta a copy of the Stett oil cooler but I'm using a 215 degree Improved Racing external thermostat vs the 180 degree Mocal thermostat that comes with their kit.

All in parts cost me about $900 but that's because I went with a huge 34 row Setrab oil cooler, Improved Racing External Thermostat, and very high quality industrial grade fittings and hose (long story). It could be $300-400 cheaper depending on options.

Even with the Mishimoto Radiator, I hit 270+ degree oil temps at the track. Cruising around town my oil temps were 240 degrees.

With new new oil cooler setup I'm now crusing at 215-220 oil temps! 20 degrees cooler is not too shabby. :thumsup: This, along with my vented hood will hopefully solve my cooling issues.

I have a track event next Friday Oct 9th so stay tuned for my report...

Enjoy the pics!

Tiny factory oil cooler next to the huge 34 row Setrab cooler. Can't fit anything bigger.
[IMG]OEM vs Setrab 34 row by Sean T, on Flickr[/IMG]


Crappy ebay hose... no one local sells the SS hoses or fittings that I needed so I had no choice but to buy all new industrial grade fittings and hose (very expensive but very highly quality).
[IMG]crappy ebay hose by Sean T, on Flickr[/IMG]

New fitting and new hose. The ebay hose could be pinched with your thumb and pinky; this hose is rock solid.

[IMG]industrial grade hose and fitting by Sean T, on Flickr[/IMG]

Oil Cooler mounted w/ my custom made bracket. I didn't even have to touch the metal bumper bar that Stett requires to be removed.
[IMG]custom oil cooler 2 by Sean T, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]custom oil cooler by Sean T, on Flickr[/IMG]

Stett Thermostat Delete Adapter Plate
[IMG]Stett Thermostat Delete Plate by Sean T, on Flickr[/IMG

Improved Racing 215 Degree External Thermostat
[IMG]Improved Racing 215 deg thermostat by Sean T, on Flickr[/IMG]

All buttoned up... fog still works and clears no problem
[IMG]custom oil cooler 3 by Sean T, on Flickr[/IMG]

Some extra ventilation in the fender liner. :lol:
[IMG]rear vent by Sean T, on Flickr[/IMG]


Cooler oil temps on the streets.... we'll see how it goes on the track next week.
[IMG]oil temp by Sean T, on Flickr[/IMG]


Huge Custom Oil Cooler

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire