dimanche 27 septembre 2015

M-Colored Black Hybrid Grill Placement

So this is a quick and easy appearance mod.

My 2011 E92 comes with a chrome colored grill insert.



Looking at EBay, I noticed this Black grill insert with M-color trim.

http://ift.tt/1KNBmri



It took about a week to arrive from Hong Kong. The part is obviously aftermarket and not as well molded as the original OEM grill, but not bad.

To take out the existing grill, you have to undo 4 Torx bolts in front of the car.



Once bolts have been removed, you can pull the top part of the bumper out to see 6 plastic clips holding the grill in (3 on top, 1 to the side, and 2 on bottom).





When the grill was removed, I noticed that it is in 2 parts. Outer chrome rim with inner chrome tipped fins.



Since the aftermarket grill was also in 2 pieces, I decided to mix the two.



Making one set of grill with chrome rim and black insert with M-color trim and second set of grill with black rim and chrome tip inserts.



Reassembly is simple reversal of disassembly. The entire switch takes less than 30 min.



If I get tired of this look, I could put the other set on for a change of pace. So far, I like it. :)


M-Colored Black Hybrid Grill Placement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire