samedi 21 mars 2015

Adjusting the actuator rod

Trying to clear things up (are my following thoughts true?):



- default position (ie engine off) the wastegate is fully open



- when turned on, vacuum either leaves it open or seals it, depending on BMW software version, or your JB4 settings



- using JB4 settings of 4.5RPM on menu 10, makes the actuator attempt to seal more than normal under low rpm and throttle positions, and can help to eliminate rattle



- If I adjust the rod, by turning the rod in the OPPOSITE direction of when i loosen the 10mm nut, it will tighten the rod (shorten it), aiding the actuator to seal the wastegate, thus lessening or eliminating the rattle/flutter



- If I turn it a few (3 to 4) rotations, and there is NO CHANGE at all in the rattle/flutter behavior (very clear upon de-accel and coasting), what is the reason? Are the actuators so broken that they still can not create a seal?





Just let me know if the above points are true and make sense. I have turned the rod a few times now over consecutive days, but it does not seem to have any change on the car's behavior or rattling noise.



I am tempted to continue the adjustments until I get overboost or other obvious issues, in an attempt to fix this awful noise. I have muffler delete and catless downpipes, so the sounds are VERY audible. Over 80k miles and looking to avoid a solution other than purchase new turbos.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire