lundi 23 mars 2015

Battery Charging question

I have a CTEK 3300 float charger... highly recommended... even over the rebranded Deltran BMW one... and yes, I am using the under the hood connections.



Anyways...



The CTEK has a few different settings... as you can see, one setting for AGM/cold weather... I was using this setting over the winter due to cold weather, however now that it is warming up is the regular "car setting - 14.4V/3.3A" the correct one to use.



I do NOT have a AGM battery.

I have a white-top battery, which I understand is a "regular" battery... so I assume I should just be using the "car setting"





Also, are the regular white-top batteries "sealed"? ... as in, they don't off-gas do they? ... because my battery is still in my truck while it is charging and I know it is "possible" for off-gassing batteries to explode...





Image from CTEK manual with different modes:

[IMG] image by AllBlackBimmer, on Flickr[/IMG]




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire