mercredi 25 mars 2015

Looking for some input .....

I'll start with I love this car, but here lately it seems like all we get are problems. It's a 2010 with 35,000 miles. We just put 4 new run flats on and new battery a few months back, but all these code problems are starting to concern me. 1/2 back from a 1200 mile road trip yesterday the SES light comes on. Ran okay on the highway, but at slow city speed and stopping and going ran rough with a slight rumble. Got it right into the dealer and they said fault code 4593 smooth running controller, cylinder 2 and 004AE6 zero quantity adaptation failure. They wanted to remove intake manifold(aprox 8hrs) but could not tell me what exactly the problem is. They said if the controller just needs to be cleaned nothing is covered by my extended warranty(The Mechanic Program-Platnium Policy-$2289, purchased at Dealer) but if it's broken everything is covered - estimate $1300 aprox for labor - my responsibility if just needs cleaning.



Other repairs: 062014-30,400 miles - replaced o2 sensor

052014-29,669 miles - replaced catalytic converter

042014-29,341 miles - replaced NOX sensor

042014-29,341 miles - replaced pulse generator

082012-20,334 miles - campaign 18 05 12 M57 SCR components - replaced mixer, EGR valve

032012-18,576 miles - both front brake discs warped-replaced along with pads and sensors

022011-9282 miles - campaign - reprogram DDE control units





Granted, a lot of the above was covered or warranty or covered by dealer by goodwill, but I am having a difficult time getting use to the fact that this not so old car with low mileage is starting to throw codes and is having these types of problems especially when all I read tells me that the problems will only potentially get worse. My Mechanic Ext Warranty expires 052017 or 45K miles and I also purchased extended BMW maintenance plan.



So, get it fixed this time and take a beating on the expenses and get(probably lease) something else(probably not BMW - poor quality??) or roll the dice and keep it until all warranties expire?



Am i expecting too much in hoping for a more trouble free experience with these expensive, in my opinion, premium german cars?



Thanks for any thoughts - comments.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire